As I type, we are in Orlando, FL for the Papa John's Operations Conference. We left yesterday at around 8am and drove to Tallahassee to spend the night. Then, today we got up around the same time and arrived in Orlando around 1pm.
Charlie received the Manager of the Year award for his Area, and also is the Corporate GM Ring of Leadership finalist for his Region (the West). There will be an awards banquet the last night we are here were they will announce one General Manager to the Ring of Leadership from the finalists (there are 4 finalists), which is a National award for the Company.
Hayley and I are just hanging out in the hotel this afternoon/evening. We are exhausted after our long trip! Tomorrow, we plan to go out and about and see what we can find! One day, I will take Hayley to Cocoa Beach to play around and on Tuesday afternoon, we are going to go to Sea World. We plan to leave on Thursday morning and drive to Beaumont, then leave on Saturday to return home.
I have to say that I was a bit apprehensive about driving with a 3 year old, however, she was a doll in the car. 15 hours the first day was pushing it a little, but she really did well. She slept for about 150 miles, and was only fussy for about the last 30 miles! Thank goodness for the DVD player and lots of fun & games!!!
I will be posting pictures from our trip as I download them to the computer. We're looking forward to loads of fun! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment