I know we have talked recently about the fact that C.J. is not yet walking. Most people would say that we are lucky, and yes, I do consider myself lucky that I have had all of this time without him toddling around getting into even more than he already does. But at 15-1/2 months, I have to admit that in the back of my mind, there has always been that slightest bit of worry and "what if".
Over the past couple of days, that worry has all but slipped away. C.J. is just his own little person and will walk on his own time. He has now begun taking those first little steps. He is pretty steady on his legs, standing for long periods of time. If you put a favorite object on the couch, then stand him a bit away from it, he will take a few steps to get there.
This all began with 2-3 steps to the couch, then 4-5, then 6-8 and all the way to setting him down in the middle of the living room and he will take off almost running in whatever direction he would like to take to get ... to the couch. That is the most important part of all of this. He will only walk to the couch. You can try as you may to get him to walk anywhere else... he won't walk to Mommy or Daddy or anywhere else in the room. But, by-golly, he will walk to the couch any time.
So, I suppose you could say that C.J. is officially taking steps. All you have to have is a couch.
3 comments:
That is so funny. "I don't need a favorite blanket or toy...just give me my couch, momma, and I'm okay"
Claire didn't "walk" until 16 months! No worries!
Good for him...and you're right, he will walk in his own time. Both mine were late walkers and haven't slowed down since. Now, load up that couch and bring that big boy to Canton next week-end.
Post a Comment