At the end of April, Charlie and I took a quick overnight trip to Houston to my friend, Challie, from high school's wedding. It was so much fun catching up with the old group of friends that were there, many that I had not actually "seen" since graduation or my own wedding!
Here is the gang all at the table ...
And all of us girls with Challie, the beautiful bride!
C.J. has been in a "big boy bed" for a little while now, but I finally went and bought a little frame for his twin mattress. I thought this one from Ikea was just perfect after I painted it to match his room. It is a great little "transition" bed until we get some good furtniture for his bedroom!
This week, it has been just us girls here at the Poff household. Charlie is in Austin and C.J. is playing in Beaumont. Here he is playing with cousin Zac ... no telling what these two boys have been getting into! Tomorrow, they are headed to the beach!

Hayley and I have been having some fun of our own. But, before I get to that, you know that with the boys away, there is a remodeling project in the works! This time, it is painting the 70's paneling in the living room! Now, I actually have been a fan of the paneling, though it does date the house. It gives the room a very warm and custom look. After getting the new furniture, however, it really did start to show its age. Here is the before picture .....
And, during the painting .....
And, voila! I also did some work on the fireplace with spraying the brass doors to an oil rubbed bronze finish, painting the brick and mantle. It is amazing how much brighter the room is now!

Another view ....

And, the finished fireplace ....

Hayley and I have been having a bit of fun of our own. We have had a few out to eat times, played at the park, went to a movie, and most fun, had a pedicure and manicure!
Hayley and I have been having some fun of our own. But, before I get to that, you know that with the boys away, there is a remodeling project in the works! This time, it is painting the 70's paneling in the living room! Now, I actually have been a fan of the paneling, though it does date the house. It gives the room a very warm and custom look. After getting the new furniture, however, it really did start to show its age. Here is the before picture .....
Another view ....
And, the finished fireplace ....
Hayley and I have been having a bit of fun of our own. We have had a few out to eat times, played at the park, went to a movie, and most fun, had a pedicure and manicure!
Here is Hayley getting her feet done ...

Drying the nails ... this beauty stuff is hard work!
And the finished hands ....
And the finished toes!!!

(you can't really tell in the pictures, but the nails are a sparkly purple and the fingers have a leaf motif in white on each one, and the big toes have flowers on them. They are quite artsy! Low quality cell phone pics here!!!)
Drying the nails ... this beauty stuff is hard work!
(you can't really tell in the pictures, but the nails are a sparkly purple and the fingers have a leaf motif in white on each one, and the big toes have flowers on them. They are quite artsy! Low quality cell phone pics here!!!)
So that catches up the past few weeks for us. More to come!
No comments:
Post a Comment