Ok, so I have to blog about it. Yes, I am a Twi-hard, and yes, I went to the midnight premiere of Eclipse! I will say that it was well worth my time.
We headed out on Tuesday and grabbed a bite to eat around 4:00, then were in our seats in the theater around 4:45. When we got there, the theater was about half full already. We were at a showing of all three of the movies with Twilight beginning at 7:15, then New Moon to follow, then Eclipse premiering at 12:01am. It was like a great big, 250 person slumber party!
I have to hand it to the theater that they did an awesome job on keeping everyone happy and organized. They had people coming around prior to each movie selling pizza by the slice and others with trash bags to help pick up trash and keep the theater clean.
At the place we went, there were two screens that showed the triple feature, then a total of 12 screens that played Eclipse at midnight. We definately had the best deal at least getting to watch all of the movies while we waited, rather than being on the floor of the lobby hanging out! And, I would say the average age of our theater was about 30. Some were younger, and many were older! It was part of the more "mature" crowd!
As for the movies .... well, I can say this. I LOVE THE BOOKS, and have not been the biggest fan of the movies as far as quality and content included. I would say that Twilight is my least fave ... a B movie at best and low quality, also emitting much too much of the book to be worth watching without actually having read the book. That being said, I did enjoy it much more on the big screen. It definately added a lot. New Moon, I had seen on the big screen, and I am more of a fan of this movie as far as quality and content go, but still enjoy the book much more!
And, Eclipse .... well, I am a fan! I thought that it was by far the best movie yet, very well made and included much of the book, especially some of my very favorite parts. I thought it included much more of the character's personalities and feelings were portrayed much better. It is my favorite book, so that may be why I liked the movie so much, who knows!
But, the overall concensus for me for those of you who have only seen the movies .... YOU HAVE TO READ THE BOOKS! The movies do not do it much justice. Eclipse does come close though!!!
I am still a fan!
1 comment:
I finally just finished reading Eclipse - yes, I agree, this is my fave so far! :o)
Post a Comment