2.05.2011

More Snow ....

Snow, snow and more snow seems to be the theme for this winter in North Texas. As much as I don't like it, I did get out and take pictures in it once again! This has been a crazy week for us with the Super Bowl in town ... an ice storm hit on Tuesday keeping us out of school that day and the remainder of the week, then the snow came on Thursday night/Friday morning. It snowed throughout the day on Friday and we seemed to get in the neighborhood of 6". There's more in the forecast for Sunday (uh oh, Super Bowl!) and then again on Wednesday. I'm not really sure I like this anymore!!! But, here are some fun photos!

I took Hayley up to the park to play with friends. It was such a blast with the kids running around, sledding and having snowball fights.

Standing in line for sledding down a small hill ...



Hayley gets a push off for her first go ....


Going down the hill is pretty fun! ...


So, they did it over and over and over again!!! ...

We use anything we can find as a sled ....

Everyone waiting patiently for their turn down the hill ....


Snowball fights ....


Cameron got her!!!! ...



Fun times in the snow ....


Most of the gang all together ....


We also played outside in the backyard before C.J. took his nap .... the kids really enjoy the snow and loved just throwing it around and playing in the powder ...






The sun is finally out today for the first time in a long time. It makes it more enjoyable, and hopefully the roads will thaw out and make getting out of the house a bit more safe!
We did get out last night and go down the street to a restaurant in our neighbrohood to celebrate a friends birthday with two other families. It was a lot of fun, and we had an awesome time!
Ok, now on to my ranting.. Did I ever mention how much I HATE cold weather, ice and snow. And, while I like to consider myself a fairly normal, patient, loving and caring mother, I am SICK of being cooped up in the house with my kids!!!! Ok, there you go. You have it .... I'm practically imperfect in every way.
This week has been a total nightmare. I've been out of work with kids out of school, Charlie has been working like crazy with the Super Bowl in town (did I mention that he keeps "HAVING" to go to things to do with the Super Bowl with NFL players and celebrities while I sit at home with the kids?!), I've been worried about him being out on these icy roads, worried about my parents out driving around on icy roads ... and here I sit. So, there you have it folks.... I'm done with old man winter .... go away!!!!!!!!! I really, really want our life to go back to "normal" if there ever is such a thing!!! And I will be super happy when the Super Bowl is over with and I get my hubby back (oh, and he HAS to go to the game ... whine, whine, whine). Whew, I feel so much better!!!

1 comment:

The Eges said...

Just have to let you know I feel you in your "whines". Although we haven't been stuck in the house with as much snow as you guys, I hate cold weather with a passion too. I am ready for green grass, flip flops and the pool!! (Much better than frozen pipes, school closings, and single digit wind chill, don't you think?!)