9.08.2007

Hayley Goes to "Big Girl" School

Hayley has officially started her "preschool" years, and my-oh-my does she LOVE going to "big girl" school!!! She is still at The Heights Child Development Center, but anything prior to 3 years old really is technically "younger preschool" or Mother's Day Out. For the prior 2 years (and a few months of the year before that), she has attended the CDC for either 1 or 2 days a week. This year, she is now going 4 days, Tues - Fri.

Hayley has really enjoyed her new "big girl" class so far. After completing her first week, she has found some old friends, as well as many new ones. This year, they also attend a separate Spanish, Art, Music, Technology and PE class, and she has Chapel on Wednesdays. The highlight of her being in big girl school will be when Carpool starts ... much easier on mommy and daddy to drop off and pick up, especially once little CJ comes!!!

I am also working at the CDC this year for the 4 days that Hayley attends. She seems to like having mommy working at her school, and takes comfort in knowing that I am not very far away. She goes with me each morning and goes running into her classroom ready to learn for the day! I am teaching 2 year olds over in the younger preschool part, and seem to have a great group of kids so far. I cannot express how much more enjoyable it is teaching in the Christian environment. And, only working 4 days 8:30am - 2:15pm cannot be beat!

All in all, it looks to be a great year for both of us. Little CJ will likely be attending once I go back to work after his birth. I have not decided exactly how many days, yet, but we will see!

No comments: