So, how did this all begin, you ask? Well, we had a busted hose on our kitchen faucet. Now, one would say that you could just replace the faucet, but that would be way too simple for us to do just that. It turned in to "this would be a great time to get new kitchen countertops." Does it end there? Of course not. This is me we are talking about! New kitchen countertops turned into refinishing the cabinets, tiling the backsplash and texturing and painting the kitchen walls. Of course, we also went with a brand new color scheme, so that will turn into new decorations and window treatments as well!
Here we go from start to finish (well, almost finished!).
This is the original kitchen, minus one end cap of the backsplash. We removed the backsplash and countertops ourselves to prepare for the new countertops.
The new Silestone countertops are installed (by someone else of course!), and the cabinet refinishing begins (that would be done by me):
The cabinets are all refinished (by me!), and the tile goes in ... at this point, I have to admit that we did hire someone to do the tile for us! NOTE: You may have noticed that the faucet changed from the pictures just prior to this one. I have to say that 3 new faucet tries (installed by me!) later, we finally found one that we liked!
The tile is all finished. We are very pleased with how it turned out. The new faceplates are installed on the switches and plugs, and the new vent-a-hood is in.
This is where our renovation stands right now. I have begun to texture the walls, and hope to paint them very soon. I have started selecting some decorations, and am trying to decide on new window treatments at the moment and treatments for our patio door. I will post an update as soon as all of this is complete! I just had so many people begging me for pictures that I thought I would share what's been completed as of now. So, more to come on this subject ... hopefully sometime soon!
1 comment:
Looks great...wanna come do my kitchen cabinets???
Post a Comment